- People who are infected with COVID-19 can recover while staying at home with proper medical care, but do not visit public areas in any case.
- Keep in touch with the medical practitioner and call him on time in case of an emergency.
- Do not use public transport, such as buses, taxis, and shared-ride to protect others from this pandemic.
Isolate yourself from others and live in Quarantine
- Put a social distance as much as possible and stay in a specific room in your home and also use a separate bathroom if feasible.
- Limit your contact with pets just like people around you. Although reports have not been found in this regard, it is still suggested to limit contact with animals if you are infected. Let someone else look after your pet but if must care them with this virus then wash your hands before and after interacting with them.
Call your doctor first before the visit
Once you are sure about COVID-19 symptoms, call at the emergency helpline. This will also give them an opportunity to protect themselves and other patients in such a scenario.
Wear a facemask
Wear a surgical facemask when you go out and enter in any hospital. If you’re looking after an infected person who can’t wear a mask due to breathing issue then you must wear facemask before entering a sick person’s room and stay in a different room.
Cover your cough and sneeze
Always use tissue paper to cover your mouth and nose when you cough and sneeze and dispose of tissues right after in covered trash bins.
Clean your hands frequently
Besides other steps, one should wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds but if water and soap are not available then clean your hands with sanitizers that contain 60% alcohol. Hand wash is crucial with a runny nose, sneezing, coughing, using bathroom or eating. Make sure you are not touching your nose, mouth, and eyes with dirty hands.
Avoid sharing of household things
This is a very important point to consider that infected people should avoid sharing of dishes, glasses, bedding, towels and cups with other people and wash them completely after use.
Clean and disinfect all high touch surfaces
It is essential for an infected person to clean and disinfect all high touch surfaces in his room and bathroom. If the caregiver is doing this work then make sure to wear a mask and do it only on a needed base. Household disinfectants, detergents, and soaps are the best products for cleaning but make sure to follow instructions printed on the label to ensure your safety.
Watch symptoms of COVID-19
Seek medical attention if your condition is getting worse such as difficulty in breathing. Call your doctor and inform them about your symptoms for further guidance. Follow the instructions from your local health provider as they will give you correct directions after knowing your symptoms and ailment situation.
How to discontinue home isolation
A person who put himself in quarantine due to COVID-19 can discontinue his isolation on the following provisions:
- Take a test to determine your current state of illness and then leave your isolation.
- If you are not suffering from fever for the last 72 hours and your condition is getting stable without any medication, you may finish the quarantine period.
- If you notice a considerable improvement in coughing, sneezing, and shortness of breathing, you can break your isolation period.
- If your two consecutive tests received negative results of COVID-19 with the gap of 24 hours, then you can consult your doctor to break the isolation.
- In addition to this, do follow instructions of your doctor in all these above cases and local healthcare providers as your final decision to discontinue home isolation is based on your local health authorities and prevalent circumstances.