THC and terpenes make the perfect combination. You can vape THC without terpenes, but the difference when you add makes it worthwhile. Many people prefer making their THC vape juice infused with terpenes because it comes with so many benefits.
In our article today, we will show you how you can make an excellent mixture. You will also get to learn a lot of basic stuff about the two as well.
THC Vape juice without terpenes
If you vape regularly, then you should have the interest to explore different flavors. The good thing about vaping is that you have the freedom of preparing your own and having to change the character depending on what you love.
Furthermore, using one flavor all the time becomes tedious.
Additionally, the struggle that comes with vaping THC alone is the throat hit. That thing can choke you to death. You will see people complain about that online. Let me give you a secret. THC e-liquid contains a substance called VG, vegetable glycerin in full.
The VG does not produce the vape (that is PGs function); however, VG is the substance that hits your throat when you inhale the vaping juice.
Before you purchase any of these e-liquids, substrates, or wax, ensure that you scrutinize the amount of VG in it to avoid coughing.
Some people also complain that THC alone can leave you with a bad after taste. Terpenes can improve the taste; thus, makes it discreet and you could vape around anyone who is weed shy.
By the way, terpenes are an alternative for weed-shy people.
Terpenes do not get you high
One mistake that most people make is to put an expectation to get a high feeling from terpenes alone. It does not have any psychoactive components unless it comes from cannabis.
Nonetheless, you should understand that terpenes only add flavor and the aroma. It also contains the same cannabinoids that function together with THC to give that high feeling and make it last a bit longer than when you were vaping THC alone.
Remember, you can extract it from various plants, not the hemp plant alone. For instance, lemons, mangoes, and strawberry, which will influence the aftertaste you get after vaping.
Infusing your terpenes with THC vape juice
Do not get intimidated by these two words. Mixing up the two solutions is a process that requires patience. After doing it severally, you will do it without having to use any tutorial.
You can buy THC vape juice infused with terpenes from different shops. The problem with that, nonetheless, is that the vendor may sell something that has low amounts of THC or terpenes. You get rid of that when you decide to make your own.
For the process, you will need:
- A THC concentrate (It can be wax, shatter, or hash oil. Select one with the right amounts of THC)
- Terpene thickener or diluents
- A dropper
- Source of heat
- Shot glass
- Start by crushing the wax or the shatter (1 gram) into smaller pieces. Because you want the terpene solution to interact with the entire concentrate easily, you have to do this.
- Put the crushed concentrates into the shot glass
- Take the syringe and measure about 0.5 ml (0.5ML per 1-gram proportions) of the terpene thickener. Use appropriate portions to mix and to avoid getting inconsistencies.
- Stir both the concentrate and the solution
- Put it on a source of heat. Here, you have the option of placing it on hot boiling water or the microwave. If you opt for the microwave, 10 seconds is enough to get the consistency you require. When you place it on boiling water, stir it at intervals to ensure that the mixture combines accurately
- Remove it from the boiling water/ heating source and let it cool off to room temperature. Do not pour it while it is hot because it could ruin your vape pen.
- One the juice cools off, use a dropper, to put the e-juice into your vape pen’s chamber. If there are any remaining solutions, look for an extra tank to store it. Otherwise, leaving it in the open could weaken the THC vape juice.
Once you finish the above steps, you are good to go.
A good rule of thumb before you begin vaping is to pour some of the thickener terpenes to liquefy the coil. You could also keep the chamber upside down at all times. It prevents a dry hit, especially when you hit it for the first time.
Learn to change your chamber after using it for a while. It will keep the vape’s flavor at bay and avoid your new vape juice from getting in contact with the old liquid.
Always buy your terpenes from reliable dealers. Check the package to note the flavor, the aroma it gives, and the amount you will require to use. You can buy separate storage containers to keep the extra vape juice. Note that the storage area should be cool and dry; otherwise, the e-juice would lose its taste by the time you are vaping it.