COVID_19 is the epidemic disease which is caused by Coronavirus and spread through human contact. However, the most effective way to avoid this infection is to wash your hands again and again. On the contrary, Hand Sanitizer is another useful method to curb this pandemic by killing its viruses whenever you go out and around. Therefore, it is essential to make hand sanitizer at your own in case of shortage at stores.
What you need to know to make Hand Sanitizer
Today, a hand sanitizer is your best defense system against Coronavirus especially when you’re out of the home or busy enough in your work that you can’t wash your hands frequently.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the most efficient method to stay safe from Corona is to wash your hands for around 20 seconds after coming back from any public center. Generally, one should avoid touching the face without cleaning of hands
If you already have a hand sanitizer, make sure it contains 60% alcohol in total content as alcohol-free sanitizers are of no use now.
The accurate way to use hand sanitizer is to apply it on hands generously and rub until it gets absorbed. In the current scenario, demand for sanitizers has increased manifold but supply is not huge. Consequently, you would have to make your hand sanitizer at home by following some simple steps.
List of ingredients to make Hand Sanitizer
Usually, a hand sanitizer formation is very basic and consists of a few ingredients which are readily available and easy to use. Before moving ahead, let’s note down ingredients we require:
- 2/3 cup of isopropyl alcohol. You can easily find this 99% alcohol from any drugstore if it’s running out, you can order at Amazon. A one-quarter bottle is enough to make loads of sanitizer in just $15.
- 1/3 cup of 98% aloe Vera gel. As a natural moisturizer, aloe Vera gel is an ideal solvent and should be used to mix with isopropyl alcohol to avoid its burning effect on hands.
- 8 to 10 drops of any essential oils. If you need to add some fragrance or good smell in your hand sanitizers as normally these days we have then picked up any of the essential oil you like to make this home-made sanitizer.
- A mixing bowl and spoon to blend all ingredients.
- A Kitchen funnels to pour sanitizer into bottles.
- Small Plastic pocket bottles for storing and keeping sanitizers to carry it anywhere. These bottles are easily accessible from all general stores and mostly come with a flip-top to squeeze sanitizer quickly.
- A pair of synthetic gloves mostly known as nitrile gloves to avoid any type of burns at your hands while preparing sanitizer.
Directions to prepare the most efficient hand sanitizer at home
Before making sanitizer, note down that isopropyl alcohol is highly ignitable and will burn your skin in case of direct contact. So, it is essential to wear nitrile gloves as a comprehensive precaution before you start making. Once everything is ready to get started, let’s start the procedure of hand sanitizer at home:
- Mix isopropyl alcohol and aloe Vera gel into the mixing bowl. You should maintain an ideal 2:1 ratio of alcohol and aloe Vera gel to make an efficient sanitizer.
- Next, add some drops of essential oils if required; in case you want a particular smell.
- Stir all the ingredients well with the help of a spoon and spill them into plastic bottles by using kitchen funnel. Your most powerful home-made hand sanitizer is ready to use.